A concern at work
All sorts of issues can arise in the course of our work, from problems in relationships with colleagues or managers, to issues of employment rights and fairness in the workplace.
FWW Chaplains have considerable experience of helping people deal with such issues, not by giving direct advice, but by being prepared to listen in confidence and work with those they meet to understand the issues involved and what might be done.
Common issues include
- Unrealistic expectation and exploitation
- Isolation and loneliness
- Meeting targets
- The particular pressures of being in management
- Lack of career development and fulfilment in work
- Low pay and insecurity at work
- The threat of redundancy
- Discrimination at work
- Stress and its many causes
You may also contact a chaplain with any issue you may have. Any such enquiry will be treated in confidence as would any conversation with a chaplain when they visit a workplace.